Monday, February 6, 2012

24 weeks and counting...and name explanation

We went for babies 24 week appointment! I feel like things are flying by...too fast. It's crazy to think that by Memorial Day we'll have baby boy!!! But our little Kymani let us see his cute chubby cheek face and his sweet little heart...FINALLY!!! I just sit and stare at the ultrasound pictures and try and make out his features. I try and imagine what he may look like and who he'll take after. I wonder if he's going to have fairer skin or dark like his daddy. Will he have hair? (with this plague of heartburn he better have hair!!!) Will he be chubby? or skinny? I am sad to think that I seen him probably for the last time until he arrives in May :( My favorite part of the appointment was watching him yawn on the screen. It was so stinking cute!!! My favorite thing to do is to just lay down in bed and place my hands on my tummy and just close my eyes and feel his movements. One minute he'll kick at the top of my tummy then next kick is at the bottom. He's a little mover...all over. I love knowing that I am capable of creating this little miracle inside by body and I'm sooooo grateful!!! So everything is still going well and I truly can't complain other than still the limited wardrobe (and it doesn't help that my work told me that I can no longer wear my black leggings). 

So we have come up with our name most likely. Kymani Mosese Powelson Purcell.
Kymani- It is one of Bob Marley's son's name that Benson and  I really liked and it isn't very common.
Kymani Marley
Mosese- This is Benson's best friend that passed away a few years ago in a tragic accident. He is sorely missed but he had a huge impact on Benson's life. I didn't know him very well myself but Benson said he was an amazing person and an excellent example to all. So we couldn't think of a better person to name our first son after.
Mosese
We made sure he was present at our wedding day and trust me he was in spirit.
Powelson- This is where my family and influence comes in. Powelson is my Dad's middle name. I didn't care weather or not Powelson fit, it was going to be in our first son's name. I love my Dad so much and he has done SO much for me in my life and he STILL takes care of me to this day. I don't know any better way to thank him other than to name our first son after him (and the first one in my family to name our kids after our dad).
My hero
Purcell- I am so happy to be able to carry on the name of such an amazing family. I truly am so grateful for the relationship I have with my in laws. I know too many people who just don't care for their in laws, and it makes me so sad because I love mine so much.
Tumu and Vaelua Purcell


1 comment:

  1. Hey Hannah! I found your blog :-) You're so cute and you 2 really do make a beautiful couple too. I absolutely love LOVE your baby boy's name. It's sounds like a 'stud' name, you know?! I'm happy you're doing great with your pregnancy and that you're enjoying every second of it. You're seriously going to be an amazing mother and I'm sure your Benson is going to be a super amazing Daddy too. So exciting for you 2!

    ReplyDelete