Monday, February 13, 2012

The Nesting Is Setting In...

I feel so anxious...ALL THE TIME. I hate when things are mismatchy, all messes throw me for a loop and all of Benson and I's things... well lets just say we are already outgrowing our apartment. We don't have a ton of storage space and it is starting to drive me crazy. We were using our spare bedroom to store everything that couldn't be put into the front closet, hall closet, our bedroom closet (which my things has TOTALLY consumed), and our spare bedroom closet (Benson's clothes are now housed here). I am getting so anxious to start on baby's room, but we have NO where to put our things. We truly don't have a lot of junk either so it's not things we need to get rid of. So I've decided now that I have weekends off, I'm going to start consuming myself in home projects to get things decorated, organized, and kept tidy just the way I want so I can cut out some of this anxiety.I just feel like I constantly need to be consumed in a project so I've made a list of things I'd like to get done before baby comes :) Lets just say my nesting instincts are setting in and I need to do something about it. Hopefully Pintrest can help me out with cute, cheap, DIY things to help me out. Here is my own personal list of things that NEED be done...here we go and wish me luck!

1. Clean out spare bedroom and find places for Bense's things.
2. Pick out and Paint Baby's room.
3. Find chic organizing tubs, containers, or baskets that go with the theme of our rooms.
4. Refinish our bedroom dresser to match our bed.
5. Get bedding stuff for our bed (it looks so plain) pillows, new sheets.
6. Paint our bedroom to add some flavor to our little space.
7. Make a weekly "duty" list for Bense and I.
8. Start designing and decorating baby's room.
9. Go through my things and see what I can donate or get rid of.
10. Reorganize all closets and spaces.
11. Get more creative (if you see a fun project start it and finish it).
12. Create a work out list to keep mommy and baby healthy :)

I'd die if my house really looked like this...but this is what I feel like right now! Too much stuff not enough room!





No comments:

Post a Comment