Saturday, December 17, 2011

We are having a....BOY!!!!

Oh my goodness this past week has been crazy with holiday shopping, birthdays...BUT among all the hustle and bustle of the holidays we found out what our little one is...AND...we are having a...BOY!!! Oh my goodness no one would ever know the gratitude in my heart for this little man.
But as I went to bed on December 13th I was not able to sleep for the life of me. Tossing and turning with having crazy dreams of our baby being a girl...then another one of it being a boy. My motherly intuition did not let me know what our little one was so I was in the dark on the gender. Waking from the light sleep I managed to get... the next morning on the 14th I was so nervous and anxious to see our baby once again. I had seen it 4 weeks previous and was ready to find out what it was. As Benson and I decided to head to our appointment, we picked up a Dr. Pepper and a kneaders sandwich. I couldn't touch my food and barely sipped at my drink. I've never been so nervous in my life, I didn't care what the gender was I just wanted to hear a heart beat and make sure everything was okay. We went into our awesome Doctors office and was immediately pulled back into the ultrasound room. The tech put the jelly and the wand to my belly and there up on the huge flat screen on the wall was our baby. Oh my goodness it had changed and actually looked like a human, and not a sea monkey. All I was searching for was the heart beat and Benson was trying to find little boy parts. Finally our amazing tech found the heartbeat and let us hear it, all stress was off my shoulders. She finally started taking pictures of our baby...the profile... sucking it's thumb...and all of a sudden she just said " It's a boy!!!". Pretty sure Benson about jumped out of his seat. He had seen the genitalia before the tech had announced it and he was so excited!!!(Benson kept saying it was a boy, and he knew it was a boy the whole time). I immediately said "Really? It's a boy?" I was so happy!!! This will be the first boy grandchild on Benson's side of the family. As she tried to get him to show us his face he would just put his hands in front of his face, she bumped the wand up and down on my tummy to get him to move and we watched him squirm on the screen it made me giggle. He still would not show us his face. So our tech printed off our pictures and sent us on our way. I've never seen Bense's smile so big and that dimple of his stick out so much.

Confirmed "IT'S A BOY!!!"

Our little man sucking his thumb

His little foot



When we were finished we went to see Benson's family for his little sister Clarinis's birthday luncheon. When Bense revealed the gender he said "Well Mom and Dad looks like your getting all girls!!!" and everyone said "ahhh it's a girl!!!" and then Bense said "But you get one BOY!!!" and then everyone said " IT'S A BOY!!!". Later that night we went to my parents house and invited my family over (just so everyone was in the same place at the same time to find out). I had baked cupcakes with blue batter and foil cupcake cups. I then heavily frosted them to hide the blue batter. I then said "Okay everyone open your cupcake and the color of the batter is the gender of the baby." Everyone peeled back the foil and said "It's a boy!!!" and my grandma said "Where, Where mine doesn't say!!!" and we all busted up laughing she thought it said boy somewhere on the cupcake. We hung out at my parents for the rest of the night.
We are truly blessed. We love our little man so much. I am able to tell the difference between his movements and my own digestion. I put my hand to my lower tummy and push on him to stir him up and I've felt his little kicks. But when ever Bense puts his hand on my tummy our little guy stops...It's kind of funny actually. I love being pregnant it is so amazing and hard to describe. It should be a cherished moment in life. Even though your body changes so much and mood swings are killer, I LOVE IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment