Monday, December 12, 2011

Spiritual Thought...

Last night I decided to pick up the Ensign that I had ordered about 2 months ago and actually read it. It is the Christmas one...my personal favorite. I love to sit back and read about our Christ's birth over and over again even though I've heard it a million times. The first article of reading is titled "The Choice to Be Grateful". It was an amazing article and very uplifting. It made me realize all the things I take for granted. As I thought back to times of how spoiled I was/am and how ungrateful I must seem...then I get a very guilty feeling in my stomach. I'm the baby in my family of just 3 kids. So I guess you could say I was SPOILED ROTTEN and I still am!!! I felt as though I should just have everything handed to me...oh no was I wrong. Mom and Dad set me straight several times but I still had that bratty " I'm entitled to everything" attitude. Now that I'm married and starting our own family I am slowly learning that life is hard and I have to do hard things with out my Mom and Dad to do it for me. So the guilty feeling in the pit of my stomach is well... I have never taken the time to really kneel down and let my Heavenly Father know how grateful I really am. Another add on section to the article was an activity. So I grabbed my pen and paper and started doing it here is what it asked......

1.Write 10 physical abilities you are grateful for.
2.Write 10 material possessions you are grateful for.
3.Write 10 living people you are grateful for.
4.Write 10 deceased people you are grateful for.
5.Write 10 things about nature you are grateful for.
6.Write 10 things about today you are grateful for.
7.Write 10 places on earth you are grateful for.
8.Write 10 modern inventions you are grateful for.
9.Write 10 foods you are grateful for.
10.Write 10 things about the gospel you are grateful for.


At the end of  filling out the questionnaire (which was quite easy) It says "When we make a list like this, we discover that a list of 100 doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of all the things God has given us." Ensign December 2011. My heart melted because I knew how right this sentence was. No matter where you are at in life our Heavenly Father has blessed you in many ways you don't realize. Now we need to take that time to recognize it and to let him know we see his hand in all things.

I have a testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know the gospel is true. I truly know the power of prayer through out many instances in my life. It has been proven to me through prayer that we are heard, watched over and blessed. I know I will have my whole family eternally in the next life. These things will always be my base and hold me steadfast to the gospel in good and bad times. I love my husband, my family and his family for all the love and support they give us. I don't think I could ever let them know the true feelings I have for each of them in my heart. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment