Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Fit to Pregnant to Fit again....journey on!!!!

So it's been a month of watching what I eat and tracking every bit of it. I've planned out healthy meals that add up to about 1200 to 1400 calories a day. Weight has always been an issue for me. I gain it very easily and as a woman its very frustrating. So I've had to buckle down and focus on losing this baby weight. I try and get to the gym when I have someone to watch baby, but if not I take Kymani and my Roxy dog on a good long nightly walk. I remember taking my first walk a week after having Kymani and I Could tell that I was going to work real hard to get into shape. So far I've lost 10lbs (since my meal planning and work outs) and I was able to get my fat jeans zipped up...doesn't mean they looked good but hey they were zipped! Everything feels soft...so I am lifting weights to get my muscle back. I will look at this whole experience as a lesson for future pregnancies... Just because it's hard for me to get back to my normal self. As you can tell I'm a bit obsessed with my physical self but if that's what keeps me from letting myself go then that's how it's going to be. Though Kymani being my first and having the epidural I feel I have manage to heal quickly. I was up and moving with in an hour or two of having him and back to work a week and a half later. I am able to run a 8 minute mile and I'm feeling really good. I just wish it was a bit easier to get to the gym. I just feel that I need to come home and put baby to sleep before I am able to go to anything else, and well sometimes baby doesn't go down until 11:30-midnight. So I am at the gym really late at night, I have found I really like going late due to it being COMPLETELY EMPTY. I don't like working out in front of others...especially when I want to try new machines, and all the guys aren't hogging the free weights. We are planning on going to Hawaii in December so my ultimate goal is to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight and look good in a swimsuit. I've got a long way to go but in the end it is worth it!!! All is well with baby and daddy :) and the journey continues on! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment